Thursday, August 30, 2007

Podcasts Are Everywhere!

A big thanks to my friend and co-worker Cynthia for sending me a link to the August 11th entry in the Information Wants to Be Free blog. http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/index.php/2007/08/11/be-the-first-lab/

There are a lot of links for podcasting resources for all kinds of librarians here. One that I've added to the links on my blog is the David Free Library Podcasting Resources wiki: http://davidfree.pbwiki.com/Library%20Podcasting%20Resources

Yesterday I was listening to a podcast linked from the page, Learning to Speak: Creating a Library Podcast with a Unique Voice by Chris Kertz. I was hoping it would talk about actual speaking and breathing techniques but instead it talked about the idea of podcasting a radio show from the library. Dowling College started a podcast called Omnibus that Kertz hoped to make as much like NPR's This American Life as possible. It's an interesting PR angle for the library that I had not considered before. They consider it a "conversation" between the library and its community and include interviews from students and others that somehow intersect with the library while not neccesarily being part of the library. I can see how that would be a really fun and interesting project but right now, with our limited staff and time, I think our library needs to focus on podcasts as an educational tool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Aol for something
else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all
round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

Look into my webpage; www.miumiuoutletstore2013.com