Friday, June 1, 2007

Learning to use my iPod

I didn’t really take my iPod out during the kickoff lunch because I was sure I was going to mess something up. Plus, I was afraid Dr. Davies would swap it for the one he had already gotten mustard on. Back in my office I hesitantly unpacked it again and poked around a little but was soon swamped with phone calls and e-mails and work duties that took me away from it. All the accessories made me feel like I needed a special iPod bag. Maybe they make those. I’ll have to look into it!

Later that afternoon I rediscovered the beauty of instruction manuals and learned that I need the iTunes program. My computer security wouldn’t let me install it so I put in a request to our tech department and set out to figure out what I could without iTunes. Again, the magical instruction book came to my rescue. I learned how to use the click wheel and navigate through the menus. I was relieved to see that the “Games” menu did not include Tetris or I would probably lose my job and be kicked out of the pilot program for never doing anything else.

Then I plugged in the voice recorder. An option to record popped right up so I bravely started shrieking, “Testing” into the little fly-eye microphone but nothing happened. Again with the instructions. Just a click of the “play pause” button and I was recording like a pro. I was able to save and play back and it sounds great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aprendi mucho