Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Podcast Pondering

Before lunch today I downloaded podcasts from the MSU library: http://library.msstate.edu/content/templates/?a=1160&/

They sound like NPR podcasts. Apparently they had about $3,000 worth of equipment--a 13 inch MacBook with the iLife suite, a 1.66 GHz MacMini, a microphone, desktop stand, windscreen (what is that?!), a Marantz digital recorder and books on podcasting. They also have an entire committee approving scripts and working on the project.

I'm trying to figure out a way to create interactive Camtasia tutorials that I can also put in a simple slideshow-type format for Vodcasts and then have audio for just podcasts. Same screen shots for both projects.

And how will I assess the podcasts? I can see how many times they have been downloaded but this won't assess their effectiveness. I don't see a way to include a survey since the podcasts are put on a device and the user doesn't even have to be online while they're watching it. And the downloads are anonymous so I can't e-mail them a survey. And if I include them in iTunes there won't be a way to keep up with download statistics.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to create these things first. That's the hard (and the fun?!) part.

In other news, my iPod has a fancy new hot pink outfit. It's not the greatest but it protects the screen and the click wheel for now.

No comments: